My Theory, for those of you who don't know it

Talk about these books here.

Moderators: Suz, Stephanie-Wa

Re: My Theory, for those of you who don't know it

Postby hauntedpretty on Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:00 pm

See, you know what I mean? I think that you could rewire your own brain to make yourself special/pretty/whatever. Even now. Agreed?
Sorry to disturb you all, but this is a Special Circumstance.
hauntedpretty

Postby mac-la on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:18 pm

I agree! But then isn't most of our population ugly then? not by looks by the way they act i mean
How far off is the end, does anyone really know? I can't tell just yet but i sure hope we have a Tally among u to stop the end.
mac-la

Postby hauntedpretty on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:24 pm

More like most of our population is pretty. You really think most of our population is straining against the limits? Hardly.
hauntedpretty

Postby mac-la on Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:19 am

you got me there, wow a world full of bubbleheads. I think this is a scepical circumstance
How far off is the end, does anyone really know? I can't tell just yet but i sure hope we have a Tally among u to stop the end.
mac-la

Postby taliwa on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:34 pm

Yay, most of our world is oblivious, aka Pretty

I CANT SPELL
taliwa

Postby Lillie-wa on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:20 pm

Ahhh... I don't really think so. Sorry.. Haha. Just my opinion, though.

You have to remember, its just a book (or four). I don't think it is going to happen or that it is happening now. Sure, we are destroying the world, but that is all environment based. How many people have predicted us ruining the planet? Millions. Well, maybe thousands. Haha. People are obsessed with looks, but that doesn't mean Scott's book is going to happen. How many books have predicted an apocolypse that should be happening now because of technology and war? Heeeaapppsss. I just don't think it is going to happen like that.

You can't really divide people up clearly into three defined groups if we don't have the rules. I mean, we don't have any operations like in Tally's world, so there is no way to truly define people. There are so many grey areas... I'm not sure if this is making sense. For example, in Tally's world, people were clearly Ugly, Pretty or Special, made through the rules of the operation. Here, we have no such operation. People are who they are. You might have a popular preppy girl at your school who is mindless and vain and maybe bitchy, whatever. But then, there are so many levels to why she would be like that. Maybe she isn't always like that. Maybe deep down she wants to break free and is an Ugly, not a Pretty, or something. I don't know, I'm just saying that we're still humans with so many different levels of thinking. We don't have an operation that will decide something for us and wipe out our sense of thought and reason.

Even in Tally's world, with people like Shay and Tally, the lines between the three groups became muddled and grey areas started appearing. Things weren't just black and white anymore. If it was getting hard to categorise people when there were rules, its even harder with us to put people into groups when there are so many different things we have to consider.

Okayyyy... sorry for that long, rambling and slightly philosophical rant there.. I just wanted to say that I don't really think its happening now, and I don't think we can really place people into groups like that. But hey, its fun to speculate!
I'd totally be a slightly-rebellious Pretty. You know, the ones who pretend they are all dangerous and cool, but really they just want to be happy as well? With just a little bit of danger and excitement twisted in. Hehe. Maybe like the Hot Airs.
I am Catwoman. Hear me ROAR! .. Meow. Alias = Lil.
Lillie-wa

Postby mac-la on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:42 pm

POO on you! lol you fun sucker sucked the fun outa that convo
mac-la

Postby Ammy-wa on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm

What she said was entirely right, though. I couldn't have put it better myself.
And remember, we are here to have discussions about the books.
I just want to hint here, so don't take it against me. But discussions should probably be longer than 10-word posts.

Just saying.
*runs away*
I like Aeroplane Jelly,
Aeroplane Jelly for me.

Ammy-wa

Postby mac-la on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:44 am

Opps sorry i guess your right but if i put all my post together they woudl be real real real long
mac-la

Postby hauntedpretty on Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:27 pm

mac-la wrote:Opps sorry i guess your right but if i put all my post together they woudl be real real real long

Maybe you should save them all up and make one real long post then:D

But to answer Lil's post--I know. I guess I don't really think that it could be happening exactly as it does in the books. But there are just hints--there are things that make me think-- "Maybe we're not so far from the Prettytime after all."
But yes, in any case it's fun to speculate.
hauntedpretty

PreviousNext

Return to Uglies. Pretties, Specials, Extras